By Tamika Kahsnitz (ex-staff member of Backstreet)
Why is the opposite of success Failure?
We have all heard these words before, we all remember how it makes you feel, how we dwell on it.
Knowing how to cope with failure and learn from it in a healthy way should be something we all should practice!
1. Don’t be afraid to fail. Thomas Edison once said, “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.”“Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” People often stop trying because they are afraid of failing. Don’t be scared to try as every time you fail creates a new doorway on how to be successful.
2. Failure makes you stronger. You are going to experience failure all of your life and the more you get up the less it will hurt and create an impact on your life . You will bounce back stronger every time and that is what Teachers and Employees love to see! Someone that can take a hit and not give up!
3. Failing teaches us how to make decisions and how to move froward. Did you make a mistake? Did you make a few mistakes? Great, now that you know what went wrong what can you take away from that experience and work on for next time! Many many many people have failed before they became something – from Walt Disney to Oprah Winfrey. Don’t walk away from what you want just because you failed, try new strategies and try again.
4. Failing can show you new pathways and discover more about yourself. When you fail, often times you’ll realize the present path you’re on is not the right one. And that’s okay. You can then seek out new paths and discover what’s right for you. But if you don’t fail, you might never consider pursuing different avenues. You’d just continue on down the wrong path. You can also learn more about who you are and what you value and what you are capable of.
5. Failure makes success taste all that much sweeter! When you fail and fail again you can get yourself into a rut but when you finally get the win you have been looking for the satisfaction of completion is better then sun on a beautiful day, you can hold onto that feeling for life knowing that everything you went through was worth it. That’s because it will be.
Sometimes you need to fail to grow and learn. It doesn’t mean you failed in life. It means you have made progress in your goal!
Be proud of your failures!