CAIRNS FESTIVAL PARADE
Backstreet Dance are excited to enter the 2022 Cairns Festival Grand Parade as STREET PERFORMERS!!!
Deadline to submit: Saturday 30th July @ 12pm noon
We have entered the Festival over 8 times now and our mission is the same: To continue to WOW all of Cairns with our buzzing beaming energy we are so well known for!!
Who can apply: Strictly Current Students of 10 years old (as of 26th August 2021) and above (including Adult Dance Students)
Festival Parade Date: Saturday 27th August approximately 5pm to 7pm (pending our placement in the Parade)
Rehearsal/Briefing Date: Upon submitting this form, please be aware that it is compulsory to attend a full dress rehearsal at the studio (including approving of your full costume/outfit) and an important Parent Briefing for the 10-12yo’s as follows:
- 10-12yo’s Rehearsal: Friday 26th August, 3.30pm to 4.45pm (Parents arrive in last 15 mins for the Parent Brief)
- 13yo to Adults Rehearsal: Friday 26th August, 7pm to 8pm
What is the Cost:This is a not-for-profit event for Backstreet. We purely want to give you the opportunity to perform and contribute to the Cairns Community. We do not charge for the dance rehearsal or the Festival. The only purchase needed is a Backstreet blue shirt from our dancewear range (more details below).
Costume Requirement: The Theme of this year’s Festival is ‘Diamond Jubilee’.
Choose from the following:
1) Purchase/Wear a Backstreet Blue Top of any style (a top with our logo on it). It MUST be from our Dancewear range (except plain black). If you own a silver glitter printed top from a previous program/event like Performance Troupe or Relay for Life with Backstreet Dance glittered on the front – you CAN wear this as an option.
2) Purchase a Backstreet Glitter/Diamonte Printed Top for $66
Ask reception to fit the samples – Payment must be made before 12noon on Saturday 30th July
The shirt will have Backstreet Dance in silver printed glitter on the front and Cairns Festival Parade 2022 on the back in diamontes
PLUS MUST ALSO ORGANISE THE FOLLOWING:
- Wear matching clothes – Eg. black tights/pants. No print or other branded logos on them please.
- Accessorise and make your outfit look like a costume – Must match the Backstreet colours – eg. striped socks, tutus, hats, gloves, etc. Our colours are: BLACK, WHITE, SILVER, AND UNIQUE BACKSTREET BLUE.
- Wear white / silver / black shoes of any brand or style . Ensure they are comfortable to dance/walk in.
- Decorate your face with diamonds/diamontes – use face jewels. Must be silver/white/blue/black only
- Wear some sort of diamond-like accessories – eg. diamonte necklace/earrings: Safe to dance in.
Please read, complete and return along with payment of $66 (only if purchasing a custom made shirt from us ) before 12noon on Saturday 30th July