APPLY TO BE A STUDENT TEACHER
- Make a difference in other people’s lives
- Build confidence and empowerment
- Develop leadership skills
- Receive loads of personal and professional development
- Gain ability to adapt to situations and think on your feet
- Gain effective communication skills
- Receive compulsory training and a handbook
- Have the opportunity to perform on stage with your students (if approved).
REQUIREMENTS OF A STUDENT TEACHER
- Dance at Backstreet for at least 6 months
- Minimum age is 12 years old
- You MUST be very confident in your own dancing – because students look up to you!!
- Intermediate to advanced level of dance skill/ability
- Love of children
- Not have any visible tattoos or multiple piercings
- A positive attitude
- Responsible and Punctual
- Maturity (professional)
- Willing to learn and take direction from your Teacher/Director
- Be willing to interact with your students before, during and after class
- Personal pride in your own appearance (remember you are a role model for these children)
- Commitment to your allocated class – every week where possible
- Commitment to attend compulsory training sessions and meetings with the Director
NOTE: You will only be allocated a class that you have experience in eg. If you learn jazz, you will only be allocated a jazz class. If you learn hip hop, you will only be allocated a hip hop class. If you have experience in all styles, you could be allocated any class you choose.
PROCESS OF APPLYING TO BE A STUDENT TEACHER
- Complete the Application Form and submit by the end of week 1 of the term
- Receive news if you have secured a spot as a Student Teacher – week 2.
- Receive your Work Experience Agreement and name badges- week 2.
- Return your signed Agreement.
- Attend Compulsory Training.
- Start your Work Experience as outlined in your Agreement – approx week 2 or 3 of the term.
UPON COMPLETION STUDENT TEACHERS RECEIVE A CERTIFICATE OF ACHIEVEMENT:
- outlining 3 areas you did great at
- outlining an area you could work on for next time
STUDENT TEACHERS WILL LEARN
- Professionalism (inside and outside the studio)
- Representing Backstreet
- Being a positive role model
- Dance Safety
- Building confidence in yourself
- Building confidence in your students
- Basic Discipline and Behaviour Strategies
- The importance of line up before class and how to do so
- Connecting with students and Parents
Fill our Application for Term 3, 2022 here.
Term 3 Production Date: Saturday 10th September 2022 @ Edge Hill State School
STUDENT TEACHER TRAINING – COMPULSORY!!
TERM 3 WORK EXPERIENCE DATES (All are compulsory if applying):
Training: You will be allocated to either Friday 29th July from 3.30pm to 4.30pm OR Friday 5th August 3.30pm to 4.30pm
Class Observation: Week of 1st August (you will be required to observe your allocated class and complete an observation form)
In Class Assisting: Start Week of 8th August for 4 weeks (arrive 30 mins prior to your allocated class and leave 15-20 mins after your class has finished)
Performance Approval: Week of 22nd August (to be approved for performing on stage with your class) A date/time will be allocated to you after you apply.
Rehearsals: Week of 5th September (refer to the rehearsal schedule online once released)
End of Term Performance: Saturday 10th September. View the Production schedule when released.